Register for a new library card or to renew your card online: https://jamestownphilomenianlibrary.oslri.net/application
Jamestown Philomenian Library is a member of the Ocean State Libraries consortium, which means that your public library card may be used at any public library in the state. If JPL does not have an item you are interested in, you can request it through our statewide delivery service at no charge.
A library card is free for Rhode Island residents. Non-residents may purchase a full use card for $245 per year. Photo proof of identity and proof of current address are required, and the applicant must apply in person.
If you live in Rhode Island, you may present one of the following valid Rhode Island IDs:
- Current Rhode Island driver's license (if address is not current, current address must be written on the back as allowed)
- Current Rhode Island State ID
- Current Photo Learner's Permit
If you do not currently have a Rhode Island ID, you may present the following two items:
1. Another photo ID, such as a passport or work ID
2. Proof of RI residency, such as:
- Personal or payroll check
- Cable, phone, or utility bill
- Proof of mailing (any piece of mail delivered to you by the US Post Office)
- Tax bill or receipt
- Bus Pass (must have address)
- Statement from a homeless or other shelter
- Bank statement
People who work in Rhode Island and reside out-of-state may be issued a Local Use Only card at no charge. They must show proof of employment (work ID or pay stub) and verification of their home address. A Local Use Only card may only be used at the Jamestown Philomenian Library.
Children under age 13 should have a parent or guardian with them to obtain a library card.
You are responsible for all items checked out on your card.
Expiration: your library card has an expiration date and needs to be renewed every 3 years. Proof of RI residency will be required for renewal.