Register for a new library card or to renew your card online: https://www.oslri.org/application/
HOW TO GET YOUR LIBRARY CARD
- To obtain a card you will need to show a valid picture ID from a city, state, or government agency such as a driver’s license, military ID, or a passport.
- A second piece of identification establishing residency by showing your current address will also be needed. Acceptable documents include a current utility bill, voter’s registration card, vehicle insurance card, or even your checks if they include your current address.
- Non-residents who own property within the city limits need to provide a current tax bill for that property.
- Adult: Patrons aged 18 or older.
- Young Adult: Patrons aged 13-17.
- Juvenile: Patrons under the age of 13. A parental signature is required to obtain a library card.
- Non-Resident: Non-residents may obtain a Local Use library card, which enables them to check out items solely from the Jamestown Philomenian Library, at no cost. However, a 30 day minimum renting requirement must be met in order to get this type of card. A Full Access card, granting access to all Rhode Island library services, has a fee of $150 (per Ocean State Library policy).
If the first card is later found, it must be destroyed or returned to the Library for reactivation with valid identification. Patrons should report lost or stolen cards as soon as possible. Library users are responsible for all materials checked out on their card up to the time that they report the card lost.